Protecting national land and maritime borders is a critical, complex and expanding mission of homeland security (HLS) and military forces worldwide. With the growing number and sophistication of threats posed by terrorist networks, crime organizations and other unwanted intruders, national border security requires cutting-edge solutions and doctrines.
BRO for Border Security (BRO-BS) is an advanced battle resource optimization system that maximizes performance of border security missions. BRO-BS helps protect land borders, marine shores, economic waters, harbors and other critical assets.
Designed and developed for optimal allocation and utilization of mission resources – including various sensors, platforms and response teams – the system meets demanding operational mission requirements. Supported mission resources include: various radars and COMINT, optical, electro-optical and acoustic sensors; wide-ranging land, air and maritime platforms such as observation towers, scout balloons, observation vehicles, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and drones.
With a state-of-the-art infrastructure comprising GIS, simulation, analysis and optimization engines, BRO-BS interfaces easily with existing C4I and other systems, or operates as a stand-alone system. BRO-BS features three integrated products for optimal mission planning, management and debriefing, providing enhanced end-to-end mission performance.
BRO-BS Planner enables the mission planning team to estimate and maximize mission performance through optimized pre-mission planning:
- Threat analysis: threat analysis via characterization and assessment of intruders with respect to their capabilities, geographic location and intrusion path as well as provided intelligence
- Resource allocation/deployment: allocation and deployment of resources (including sensors, C4I, response teams and tactical platforms) based on mission-specific physical barriers, parameters and goals
- Planning optimization: optimization of border security mission planning according to available detection and interception assets, mission requirements and mission limitations
- Manual system configuration: ability to manually set mission system configuration and operational parameters according to mission needs, demands and restrictions (e.g. topography, structures, weather, and time of day)
BRO-BS Commander delivers a range of real-time capabilities to the mission operations team for maximized mission management:
- Monitoring and estimation: real-time monitoring of operational mission goals and performance estimation according to developing and evolving real-time scenarios
- Alerts: real-time alerts on changes in border security effectiveness
- Management apps/tools: effective apps and tools for managing missions in real time
- Decision support: real-time decision-support capability that enables the mission commander to adapt mission resources to the evolving situation, such as changing resource deployment based on real-time intelligence updates
BRO-SM Debriefer allows the mission debriefing team to streamline and optimize the debriefing process:
- Reporting: automatic report generation including statistical analysis of intruder behavior
- Debriefing tools: border security debriefing tools that enable advanced technological solutions for achieving mission goals
- Data analysis: cutting-edge operational data analysis of mission results
- Visualization tools: advanced visualization tools that enable users to focus on essential information within logged post-mission data