Air surveillance threats are growing in complexity and quantity, and the number of early-warning systems is increasing in step. This leads to sub-optimal decision-making and resource utilization. As a result, new solutions are required for increasing coverage and shortening response times throughout the AS mission lifecycle.
BRO for Air Surveillance (BRO-AS) is an advanced battle resource optimization system that maximizes the performance of air surveillance missions. BRO-AS enables optimal deployment planning, real-time performance estimation and operational recommendations, and improved mission debriefing. Battled-tested BRO-AS maximizes air surveillance decision quality, sensor system utilization, and situational awareness.
Taking into account the performance and interoperability of varied sensors (radar, ELINT, IR), and platforms (stationary, mobile, airborne) against various threats (ABT, TBM, CM), BRO-AS delivers mission success estimation, optimal deployment and routing recommendations, and performance degradation alerts. Working either independently or in conjunction with command and control (C4I) systems, BRO-AS enables air surveillance commanders to make decisions more quickly and effectively.
BRO-AS Planner enables the mission planning team to estimate and maximize mission performance through optimized pre-mission planning:
- Planning and performance estimation: pre-mission sensor deployment, route planning and performance estimation versus mission goals, taking into account terrain, predicted environmental conditions, communication limitations, threat intelligence, and various other constraints
- Recommendations: optimal deployment, routing and setup recommendations for sensors against user-defined threat scenarios
- Operational order generation: production of an operational order, which includes policy definition, resource deployment or routing, and major sensor and platform parameters, such as search patterns, frequency allocation and sensor mounting
BRO-AS Commander delivers a range of real-time capabilities to the mission operations team for optimized mission management:
- Performance estimation: real-time performance estimation based on current operational deployment and platform location, system availability, environmental conditions and threat assessment/intelligence
- Alerts and notifications: real-time alerts and notifications about performance degradation, coverage gaps, or failed execution of the operational order
BRO-AS Debriefer allows the mission debriefing team to streamline and optimize the debriefing process:
- Data manipulation/visualization: access of advanced users to cutting-edge data manipulation and visualization tools that allow streamlining of the operational/technical debriefing process (e.g. sensor operational coverage, enemy activity, and operability statistics)
- Custom debriefing: user-friendly interface allowing the advanced user to create custom debriefing settings and templates for other users to employ, such as sensor detection reports and operational summaries
- Anomaly/failure detection: advanced expert system that allows automatic anomaly/failure detection and classification (e.g. EW attacks and sensor/radar misalignments) using proprietary algorithms and big data analytics
- Data representations: creation of advanced representations of analyzed data with dashboards, web views and time-driven 3D graphics