The growing number and sophistication of air defense (AD) threats, coupled with the increasing number of AD systems, leads to sub-optimal decision-making and resource utilization. As a result, new solutions delivering real-time recommendations are required for improved asset protection and operational performance awareness.
BRO for Air Defense (BRO-AD) is an advanced battle resource optimization system that maximizes the performance of AD missions. Enabling optimal deployment planning, real-time performance estimation and operational recommendations, and improved mission debriefing, BRO-AD maximizes AD weapon/sensor system utilization, operational awareness and decision quality.
BRO-AD takes into account the interoperability and performance of varied sensors (radar, ELINT, IR), interception systems (missile, DEW, EW) and platforms (mobile, stationary) against various threats (ABT, TBM, CM). BRO-AD then delivers mission success estimation, optimal deployment recommendations, and performance degradation alerts. Working either independently or in conjunction with command and control (C4I) systems, BRO-AD enables air defense commanders to make faster and better decisions.
BRO-AD Planner enables the mission planning team to estimate and maximize mission performance through optimized pre-mission planning:
- Planning and performance estimation: pre-mission sensor/launcher deployment or route planning and performance estimation versus mission goals, taking into account terrain, predicted environmental conditions, communication limitations, threat intelligence, and various other constraints
- Recommendations: optimal deployment, routing and setup recommendations for sensors and launchers against user-defined threat scenarios
- Operational order generation: production of an operational order, which includes policy definition, resource deployment or routing, and major sensor and system parameters, such as search patterns and frequency allocations/policies
BRO-AD Commander delivers a range of real-time capabilities to the mission operations team for optimized mission management:
- Performance estimation: real-time performance estimation based on current operational deployment, system availability, environmental conditions and threat assessment/intelligence
- Alerts and notifications: real-time alerts and notifications about performance degradation or failed execution of the operational order
BRO-AD Debriefer allows the mission debriefing team to streamline and optimize the debriefing process:
- Custom debriefing: user-friendly interface allowing the advanced user to create custom debriefing settings and templates for other users to employ, such as interception reports or operational summaries
- Anomaly/failure detection: advanced expert system that allows automatic anomaly/failure detection and classification (e.g. sensor malfunctions, external interferences, and abnormal target classes) using proprietary algorithms and big data analytics
- Data representations: creation of advanced representations of analyzed data with dashboards, web views and time-driven 3D graphics
- Data manipulation/visualization: access of advanced users to cutting-edge data manipulation and visualization tools that allow streamlining of the operational/technical debriefing process (e.g. defense and enemy effectiveness, enemy activity, and operability statistics)