The growing number and sophistication of aerial threats, coupled with the increasing number and diversity of air defense (AD) systems, leads to sub-optimal decision-making and resource utilization. As a result, new solutions delivering real-time recommendations are required for improved asset protection and operational performance awareness.
BRO for Air Defense (BRO-AD) is an advanced battle resource optimization system that maximizes the performance of AD missions. Enabling optimal deployment planning, real-time performance estimation and operational recommendations, and improved mission debriefing, BRO-AD maximizes AD weapon/sensor system utilization, operational awareness and decision quality.
BRO-AD takes into account the interoperability and performance of varied sensors (e.g. radar, ELINT and IR), interception systems (e.g. missile, DEW and EW) and platforms (e.g. mobile and stationary) against various threats (e.g. ABT, TBM and CM). BRO-AD then delivers mission success estimation, optimal deployment recommendations, and performance degradation alerts. Working either independently or in conjunction with command and control (C4I) systems, BRO-AD enables air defense commanders to make faster and better decisions.
BRO-AD Planner enables the mission planning team to estimate and maximize mission performance through optimized pre-mission planning:
- Planning and performance estimation: pre-mission sensor/launcher deployment or route planning and performance estimation versus mission goals, taking into account terrain, predicted environmental conditions, communication limitations, threat intelligence, and various other constraints
- Recommendations: optimal deployment, routing and setup recommendations for sensors and launchers against user-defined threat scenarios
- Operational order generation: generation of an operational order, which includes policy definition, resource deployment or routing, and major sensor and system parameters, such as search patterns and frequency allocations/policies
BRO-AD Commander delivers a range of real-time capabilities to the mission operations team for optimized mission management:
- Performance estimation: real-time performance estimation based on current operational deployment, system availability, environmental conditions and threat assessment/intelligence
- Alerts and notifications: real-time alerts and notifications about performance degradation or failed execution of the operational order
- Recommendations: recommendations for deployment, routing, and setup revisions based on the up-to-date status of all systems
BRO-AD Debriefer provides essential information to BRO-AD Commander and allows the mission debriefing team to streamline and optimize the debriefing process:
- Automatic model calibration: ongoing calibration of sensor, launcher, and interceptor models, as well as physical models relating to RF propagation effects (e.g. clutter, multi-path)
- Failure/performance degradation detection: mission-oriented multi-system performance analysis, and automatic indications of mission performance degradation or system failure
- Battlefield learning: automatic analysis of enemy behavior, as well as anomaly detection, including detection and characterization of unknown ballistic target types
- Custom debriefing: user-friendly interface allowing advanced users to create custom debriefing settings and templates for other users to employ, such as interception reports or operational summaries
- Data manipulation/visualization: access of advanced users to cutting-edge data manipulation and visualization tools that allow streamlining of the operational/technical debriefing process (e.g. defense and enemy effectiveness, enemy activity, and operability statistics)